As an Engineer, you will be part of our emerging Client Engineering team who are responsible for developing all digital experiences for MGM. Using your experience building application in Dart, Swift and/or Kotlin/Java languages, you will be responsbile for developing multi-platform apps for iOS and Android using Google's Flutter development framework.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Independently scopes flexible technical solutions. Anticipates technical uncertainties. Trusted to design and implement team-level technical solutions. Guides team to improve code structure and maintainability. Garners resources required to complete their work.
- Considers the effects of their work across product, design and engineering teams and proactively manages potential issues to advance strategic initiatives and company goals.
- Identifies metrics to measure impact and support broader strategic initiatives. Identifies team-impacting problems, suggests solutions, and drives resolutions. Mentors junior engineers both technically and culturally.
- Effectively communicates complex technical issues to other product and engineering teams. Engages in productive dialogue involving multiple viewpoints or conflicting perspectives both inside the team and between teams.
- Responsible for making sure that the software code is correct, well-architected, secure and maintainble. Lead other team members in design and coding phases. Participate in code review and team design sessions.
- Liason with UX, QE and release engineering team to ensure quallity product is delivered to customers.
- Perform other job-related duties as requested.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience.
- Five (5) years of experience developing software, with at least four (4) years of developing mobile applications, and One (1) year developing Flutter applications.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- MS degrees in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience scaling solutions, demonstrating a mindset of "scalibility".
- Working with a cross-disciplinary team of designers, product managers and software engineers.
- Familiarity with: GraphQL, YAML, Gatsby, Redux, Node.js, REST API, UX, UI, Responsive Web Design, Working with JSON data structures.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States.